A full flavoured tomato based pizza. With hot salami, ham, sliced Kalamata olives, sundried tomatoes strips, marinated artichokes and cheese. If you’re short of time just use a premade pizza base and pizza sauce rather than making everything from scratch.
Cooking Time: 12 minutes. Preparation time 15 minutes using pre made pizza bases or 2 hours if making pizza bases. Makes: 4 serves
- 375g of pizza dough rolled onto 2 oiled trays or 2 large pizza bases
- 2 large ripe fresh tomatoes, blanched, peeled and very finely chopped
- ¼ tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano chopped or 1 tsp dry oregano leaves
- 2 medium garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tbsps pizza sauce
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups grated cheese (1 cup of mozzarella and 1 cup tasty Cheddar)
- 1 cup Always Fresh marinated artichoke hearts – drained
- ½ cup Always Fresh sundried tomato strips – drained
- ½ cup Always Fresh sliced Kalamata olives – drained
- 75g thinly sliced hot salami
- 75g thinly sliced leg ham
- Make the pizza dough following this recipe.
Or set up your brought pizza bases on large ovenproof trays.
- Brush the bases with a little olive oil.
- If your making the topping, place a small wire sieve over a bowl, add the chopped tomato, sprinkle with salt, allow to sit for 10 minutes to draw out some of the water.
- Throw out the liquid in the bowl and add the drained tomato, tomato paste, oregano, garlic and a grind or 2 of black pepper. Mix well and spread thinly over the bases. (If your using pizza sauce just spread it)
- Cover the bases with two thirds of the grated cheeses.
- Scatter with marinated artichoke hearts, sundried tomato strips, sliced Kalamata olives, salami and ham and finish with the remaining cheese.
- Bake the pizzas for 10 to 12 minutes. Until golden brown, cooked through and bubbling.
- Serve immediately scattered with a few oregano leaves.