Superbrown Rice Salad
This fresh and wholesome salad is the perfect accompaniment for a barbecue with friends and family!
Cooking Time: 35 minutes (plus cooling) Makes: 6 Serves
- 2 cups SunRice Superbrown Rice
- 2 corn cobs, husks removed
- Always Fresh Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 Always Fresh Hot Chilli Peppers, stalks removed, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Always Fresh Roasted Pepper Strips, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 200g small tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 bunch coriander, stalks removed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Always Fresh Spicy Tomato Relish
- Barbecued or grilled chicken or steak
- Cook rice according to packet directions. Spread onto a tray and refrigerate uncovered until cool (see tip).
- Meanwhile, brush a stove top grill or barbecue with Always Fresh Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Place over a high heat. When hot, add the corn and reduce temperature to medium. Cook for 15 minutes, rotating the cobs to cook evenly. Set aside to cool. Once cooled, cut kernels from the cobs.
- Combine cooled rice, corn kernels, Always Fresh Hot Chilli Peppers, Always Fresh Roasted Red Pepper Strips, onion, tomatoes, avocado and coriander and toss gently
- Place lime juice, 2 tablespoon Always Fresh Extra Virgin Olive Oil, cumin, salt and pepper in a glass jar and shake to combine. Pour the dressing over the salad, and gently toss through.
- Serve salad with barbecued or grilled chicken or steak and Always Fresh Spicy Tomato Relish.
Tip: Rice can be cooked up to a day beforehand and stored in the refrigerator.