Rosie’s Couscous Salad
This easy salad makes for a delicious and healthy lunch
Cooking Time: 10 minutes preparation Makes: 4
- 1 ½ cups couscous
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 1 ¾ cups vegetable stock, warmed
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- ½ cucumber, finely diced
- 20 kalamata olives, halved
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ bunch fresh oregano, chopped
- ½ bunch fresh mint, chopped
- Cheese crisps, to garnish
- In a large bowl mix together the couscous, dried oregano, dried parsley, lemon zest (reserve the juice for later) and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour in hot vegetable stock, cover with a plate and leave couscous to absorb stock for 5 minutes or until all liquid is gone. Fluff the cooked couscous up with a fork.
- Add cherry tomatoes, onion, cucumber, olives, lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil and gently stir to combine.
- Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese and freshly chopped oregano and mint and gently stir to combine.
- Serve with lemon wedges and Always Fresh cheese crisps.