Peruvian Causa – Layered Potato Salad
Deliciously fresh and sure to impress
Cooking Time: 40 minutes Makes: 2
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 large white potatoes
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ red capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 8 cornichons, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp marinated artichoke, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- ½ cup olives, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, halved
- Handful bean sprouts
- Boil sweet potato and white potato, then place them in separate bowls and evenly divide the almond milk, garlic and olive oil between the two bowls. Season well with salt and pepper and mash both until smooth.
- In another bowl, mix together the capsicum, capers, sundried tomato, artichoke, celery, olives and herbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Grease four cylindrical mould then spoon in a layer of mashed sweet potato and pack down firmly, followed by a layer of the capiscum mixture, then top with the white potato mixture. Repeat for all four moulds.
- Carefully slip off the mould and top with the chilli, half an egg and some bean sprouts.