Red Pepper & Mushroom Risotto
The perfect dinner for a warm summer's evening!
Cooking Time: 35 mins Makes: 4
- 2 cups (400g) Riviana Arborio rice
- 2 tbs of Always Fresh Olive oil
- 15g butter
- 1 tsp Always Fresh Minced Garlic
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock, simmered
- 1/2 cup white wine (optional)
- 2 cups button mushrooms, sliced
- 310g Always Fresh Roasted Pepper Strips, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large heavy-based saucepan.
- Add garlic and onion until heated through.
- Stir in Riviana Arborio Rice and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until rice slightly colours, stirring frequently.
- Add wine and simmer to absorb the liquid, stirring constantly.
- Begin adding stock, a cup at a time, allowing each addition to be absorbed and stirring well between each addition.
- After the first cup of stock, add mushrooms. Adjust consistency with extra water or stock, if necessary. When all stock has been absorbed, remove pan from heat.
- Stir in parmesan, pepper strips and ground pepper.
- Garnish with 1-2 sprigs of thyme and shaved parmesan (optional)