- 1 cup Always Fresh sliced Kalamata olives
- ¼ cup self raising flour
- ¼ cup rice flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ cup grated haloumi cheese
- ¼ cup finely crumbled feta cheese
- 125ml cold water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Always Fresh beetroot relish
1. In a large bowl sift together both flours and the cayenne pepper.
2. Pour in the water and stir until you have a thick smooth batter.
3. Fold in the olives and both cheeses until well combined.
4. In a large heavy frying pan on a medium heat add the oil and spread round the pan. Fry teaspoons of the olive mixture in little bite sized patties. Turn once and cook till golden on both sides.
5. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
6. Serve hot with Always Fresh Beetroot relish