Lamb Shanks with Olives
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 500g trimmed celery (about 6 sticks), chopped coarsely
• 1 onion, chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 100g Always Fresh Stuffed Olives – Parmesan
• 100g Always Fresh Fire Roasted Red Pepper Strips
• 2 medium carrots (240g), chopped coarsely
• 4 large French-trimmed lamb shanks (1kg)
• 180ml (¾ cup) dry white wine
• 60g (¼ cup) Always Fresh Spicy Tomato Relish
• 750ml (3 cups) beef stock
• 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
• 375ml (1½ cups) beef stock, extra
• 300g (1½ cups) cous cous
Heat half the oil in a large saucepan having a tight-fitting lid; cook celery, onion, garlic, olives, capsicum and carrot, stirring, until onion is soft. Remove vegetables from pan.
Heat the remaining oil in the same pan; cook shanks, uncovered, until browned all over.
Stir in wine, tomato relish, stock and thyme, bring to the boil; simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
Return vegetables to the pan; simmer, covered, about 30 minutes or until shanks are tender.
Just before serving, prepare the cous cous. Heat the extra 1 ½ cups of beef stock in a small saucepan over high heat; after stock boils, pour it over cous cous in medium heatproof bowl.
Stand cous cous, covered, about 5 minutes or until stock is absorbed.
Fluff cous cous with fork and serve with lamb and vegetables.