Karen Martini’s Puttanesca
- 5 Always Fresh Anchovy Fillets – Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a Jar
- 2 tablespoons of Always Fresh Capers – Classic
- 100g of Always Fresh Sicilian Olives – Pitted, chopped
- 80g of Always Fresh Kalamata Olives – Pitted
- Always Fresh Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 410g of tinned chopped tomato
- 80ml virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic cloves sliced
- Salt flakes
- 1 tablespoon of dried Greek oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red chilli
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 handful of parsley leaves
- 500g of quality spaghetti, cooked until al dente in a large amount of boiling water
- 5 thin slices of sourdough baguette
Place a heavy based pan over a medium heat. Add slices of sour dough and dry fry for 4 minutes. Then add a splash of olive oil, season and fry till crispy. Allow to cool and then crunch with your hands. Set aside.
In a saucepan, cook the spaghetti pasta.
In a fry pan over medium heat add virgin oil and garlic. Season with salt, the oregano, anchovies, capers and olives and cook for 1-2 minutes. Then add tomato, dried chilli, pepper and parsley.
Stir and cook for 10 minutes then add the hot spaghetti straight from the pot and splash in a little of the water.
Toss the spaghetti through to have the sauce absorbed.
Then serve topped with the crumbled fried sourdough or pangrattato.