Gourmet Pissaladiere Pizza
• 100ml lukewarm water
• Pinch of sugar
• 8g sachet of dried yeast
• 500g [3 1/3 cups] plain flour
• 1 tsp salt
• 110 ml Always Fresh Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra for drizzling
• 250ml lukewarm water, extra
• 45g Tomato Tapenade or Tomato Pesto
• 6 flat fillet anchovies, butterflied and halved lengthways
• 120g Always Fresh Pitted Kalamata Olives
• 10-12 fresh basil leaves
To prepare yeast, place 100ml lukewarm water in a small jug, add a pinch of sugar, then sprinkle over yeast. Stir to combine and stand for 10 minutes or until foamy.
Place flour and 1 tsp salt in a bowl, stir in yeast mixture, olive oil and 250ml lukewarm water until a dough forms, then knead on a lightly floured surface for 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
Place dough in an oiled bowl, turn to coat, then cover and leave in a warm draught-free place for 30 minutes or until doubled in size. Press out dough to form a 20cm x30cm rectangle and place on oven tray, then spread with tomato tapenade and scatter with pepper strips.
Top dough with anchovy fillets, scatter with olives and basil leaves, season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Drizzle with olive oil, bake at 230°C for 10-12 minutes or until golden and crisp.
Serve immediately or at room temperature.