Classic Italian Canneloni
• 8 sheets of instant lasagna sheets
• 80 ml Always Fresh Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 onion, chopped and lightly sauteed
• 15g Always Fresh Minced Garlic
• 200g can of crushed tomatoes
• ¼ bunch basil
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 300g fresh ricotta
• 100g soft fresh goat’s cheese
• 50g frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained.
• Freshly grated nutmeg
• 150g Always Fresh Red Pepper Strips, drained
• 150g Always Fresh Marinated Artichoke Hearts, drained
• 150g Always Fresh Sundried Tomatoes, drained
• 150g Always Fresh Sliced Kalamata Olives, drained
• 75g freshly grated parmesan cheese
• 30g butter
• 8 basil leaves
Preheat the oven to 180C.
To make sauce, sweat oil, onion and garlic in a saucepan for 2-3 minutes. Add the remaining sauce ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes.
Remove herbs from sauce and process in a blender until smooth.
Drop the lasagne sheets, a few at a time into a pot of boiling water, until they are soft and pliable. Drain and lay out between damp tea towels. Cover and set aside.
Combine ricotta, goat’s cheese, drained spinach, nutmeg and seasoning.
Place a lasagne sheet onto workbench. Spoon over 50g of ricotta mix and lay the peppers, artichoke, tomatoes, and olives evenly on top. Gently roll into a cylinder.
Place into a lightly greased baking dish. Repeat with the remaining ingredients, so the cannelloni lay side by side.
Pour hot sauce over the cannelloni. Sprinkle with parmesan and dot with butter. Bake for 30 minutes.
Serve hot, scattered with basil leaves.