Casserole With Chorizo
• 2 cups chicken stock
• pinch of saffron
• 3 chorizo sausages, scored and sliced
• 1 tbsp Always Fresh Extra Light Olive Oil
• 6 large potatoes, peeled and sliced
• 125g Always Fresh Sun Dried Tomatoes – Halves
• 2 tbsp chopped parsley
• 80g Always Fresh Stuffed Olives
Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced).
Place the chicken stock in a small saucepan along with a good pinch of saffron.
Gently warm the stock and set aside.
Place the sliced chorizo in a medium sized frying pan and cook until chorizo starts to crisp. Remove and set aside.
Heat olive oil in the same pan.
Cook potatoes in batches until browned.
Alternate layers of sausage, sun dried tomatoes and potatoes in an ovenproof dish.
Pour over the fragrant stock.
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
Remove foil, add olives, cook for a further 10 minutes.
Serve with crusty bread and a green salad.