The traditional pizza flavour, fresh tomato, garlic, basil and oregano base. With mozzarella slices topped off with olives anchovies and a scatter of capers and basil leaves.
Cooking Time: 12 minutes. Preparation time 15 minutes using pre made pizza bases or 2 hours if making pizza bases. Makes: 4 serves
- 375g of pizza dough rolled onto 2 oiled trays or 2 large pizza bases
For the tomato topping either:
- 3 large ripe fresh tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, blanched, peeled and very finely chopped
- ¼ tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsps fresh oregano chopped or 1 teaspoon dry oregano leaves
- 2 medium garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tbsps pizza sauce
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil plus a little to drizzle
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- 14 thin slices of mozzarella from a mozzarella ball
- 1 45g tin Always Fresh anchovy fillets -drained
- 1 cup Always Fresh pitted Kalamata olives -drained
- 1 tbsp Always Fresh capers -drained
- a few fresh basil leaves
- Make the pizza dough following this recipe.
Or set up your premade pizza bases on large ovenproof trays.
- Brush the bases with a little olive oil.
- If your making the tomato topping, place a small wire sieve over a bowl, add the chopped tomato, sprinkle with salt, allow to sit for 10 minutes to draw out some of the water.
- Throw out the liquid in the bowl and add the drained tomato, tomato paste, oregano, garlic and a grind or 2 of black pepper. Mix well and spread thinly over the bases. (If your using pizza sauce just spread it)
- Arrange the slices of mozzarella, Kalamata olives, capers and anchovies on the pizzas.
- Bake the pizzas for 10 to 12 minutes. Until golden browned cooked through and bubbling.
- Serve immediately scattered with basil leaves.