Golden brown and crunchy, fried crumbed olives are a favourite Spanish and Mediterranean snack. You can use either green olives stuffed with anchovy or Parmesan in this easy to prepare dish.
Cooking Time: 5 minutes. Preparation time 10 minutes. Makes: 4 serves
- 1 235g jar Always Fresh Anchovy or Parmesan stuffed olives – drained
- 3 tbsps plain flour
- 1 egg beaten
- ½ cup of panko bread crumbs
- sunflower oil to fry
- tooth picks
- Place the beaten egg on a shallow dish.
- Place the flour in a bowl and the panko crumbs in a freezer bag.
- Add the drained stuffed olives to the flour and toss till coated. Shake off the excess flour.
- Transfer to the dish with the beaten egg and turn until well coated.
- Use a fork to transfer the egg and flour coated olives into the crumb bag, seal and toss in the bag till coated.
- Shake off excess crumbs.
- Using a sauté pan on a medium heat pour in the oil (about 2 cm deep).
- Heat the oil until a little of the crumb sizzles when dropped in it.
- Fry the olives in batches, turning and cooking till golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent kitchen paper and serve hot with toothpicks